Thursday, July 14, 2016

April 19, 2016 A Marvelous Work and a Wonder (& wrestling videos)

The Holgates are going home. That was sad
Elder Mckonckie

With a name like that you're just starting off on a good foot. Elder Mckonckie is one of the new missionaries in the district. Elder Johnson, my last companion, is his trainer and still in the district!
Kind of fun. Anyways he arrived here pretrained and one of he finest missionaries I know... They have just hit the ground running! I can't tell you how excited I am for this area, the Lord is stacking it with very mature and dedicated missionaries.


From photos of Journal pages...

April 9
Well it’s a few days into the new transfer.  Elder Johnson is still in the area but got moved to a different part to open a new pool.  So now we have an English companionship and a Spanish one.  And the sisters are still mixed.  My new companion is Elder Pena and he is awesome.  We get along and teach well!  He is very focused, and cares a lot about lifting the zone.

The Lord is expecting something that has never happened in this zone before.  Hampton Bays has 9 missionaries now.  3 of our district leaders are former zone leader, and President is stacking this zone.  I’ve never before been in such awe at the statement of D&C 4…truly as if the Lord is saying to us, “Behold! A marvelous work and a wonder is about to come forth…”

April 17
Its been a marvelous transfer so far.  Elder Pena and I are doing super well.  I love teaching with him because I don’t (get?) in trouble by my companion for being bold…
Went on Exchanges with the Terryville elders this week.  Elder Morris is incredible.  Elder Williams is big.  6’6” 360 pounds with a scholarship to play football at a division one university.  Elder Morris said his Texas pride needed a little humbling, so we had to roll around a bit after nightly planning.  He had wrestled in high school so was pretty confident.  Submitting him was fun.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment