Thursday, November 17, 2016

October 3, 2016 Conference was Amazing

Conference was amazing, as usual. Too blessed.

Some other quick highlights:

Things are going great in a trio, and thanks to the extra man, we double our exchange power.  I’m just packing my bags right now to be shipped off to the city to travel between exchanges for three different zone leader companionships, while Elder Ko and Elder Parrish will bring three different zone leader companionships here to Lynbrook while I’m gone.  I’m excited! I love exchanges so much.  Exchanges with my leaders in the past have seriously changed my life.  I’m sad I don’t get to go on exchanges with my leaders anymore.

On the bright side, we are getting some very unique pockets of time with our leaders.  We are riding high on our planning wave ever since our interview with Tracy Watson from the missionary department.  We just finished four days straight of zone conferences and are preparing for the upcoming mission leadership council.  We wrangled the Facebook info of the District 3 missionaries out of Brother Watson, and we are going to Skype them into our council to keep pushing what we have been learning about planning and online proselyting.

Life in the minivan
To top it all off, as we were driving home from one of the zone conferences, President Reynolds called the office of Elder Holland and told his secretary that a year ago, he had taken provided lodging for Elder Holland when he was in New York for some conference, and Elder Holland told President to “give him a jingle” the next time he was back in New York and he would love to talk with the missionaries if he could.  The other day, we got a call back – Elder Holland is coming to the mission! Now we are trying to figure out how to organize an emergency mission-wide conference during church on the 16th without letting word get out of who is coming lest the building be stormed by members (btw don’t tell that to anybody in the vicinity of New York….)


Life’s great.

I'm so grateful to be a missionary! I truly know that this church is true. I know that true joy comes from God only. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Sirrine
In the home of Dustin, an extremely rich man who temporarily ran away from us to take a really long call in the middle of a visit. You can see the confusion




No comments:

Post a Comment