Sunday, September 4, 2016

July 25, 2016 The Hampton Times


The most epic exchange ever to take place! The assistant trio took in two zone leader companionships for a day. We ate lots of food. Good thing they have a Costco. 

Wearing out the members
Your average car in Sag Harbor

This week went so fast! We saw a lot of miracles and also a lot of stress. Knocking on exchanges we ran into a long lost member and we talked a bit and she wants to come back! She was living in a nice place we named "little Guatemala", not too far from "little Mexico". There's an awful lot of white people here but we have been finding the hidden little pockets of hispánics.

A sad event was that the Tubas little boy, Ryan, had a biking accident and yesterday they did an emergency surgery. They are our number one family right now, the dad is a less active and the rest aren't members, but they've changed so much in the last few months and are so close to being married so Liliana can get baptized! I love that family so so much. Thankfully, the surgery went well. Keep them in your prayers. We are hoping that this is what brings the family together and helps them take the leap of faith towards their next steps. It's been an interesting experience, and I have seen so many miracles through it, with the Lord  guiding us as we have tried to help. I am so grateful for all the experiences I have had here in the Hamptons over the last few months, my faith has strengthened.

I love being a missionary, so much more than I could ever express. I know that God is there and answers our prayers. Many times I've wondered why He prefers to require faith and doesn't make let us discover him with our natural senses. But through a lot of time of study and prayer, I've come to know for myself that Gods slow, patient way of converting the world is truly best. I've gained so much spiritual strength through that very process that I really wouldn't have if God had simply shown himself to me. I  know this church is the church of Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


Elder Sirrine

No comments:

Post a Comment