Wednesday, June 17, 2015

April 27, 2015 Transfers!





Familia Mendez




Wow spring finally came!

 

Familia Cortez



 Welp, I'm out. We got calls this morning at ten. It's kind of weird because elder Galke and I already "knew" (you never know until you know, you know) that we were both going to be transferred because our landlord told us that the mission isn't go into be renting the bottom floor of his house anymore. So the Spanish pool is getting cut from four Elders and two Sisters down to two of each. The mission is really downsizing right now - only one Spanish missionary is coming in this transfer. So Elder Galke knew he was probably out since because he has been here seven months. And I knew President would take me out because he asked me if I needed to stay in a car area because of my back and I told him at sitting is actually the worst thing for it. So I will be really grateful to be in a walking area, but man this is going to be hard.

I can't figure out if it was just yesterday that I showed up here in Staten and didn't know anyone's names, or if that was a lifetime ago. I really grew to care for these people, and now it feels like it's over. And some of the members aren't making an effort to make it any easier. Hermana Garcia in particular is rebelling. I would think she'd be used to this by now since she's been meeting with missionaries for over ten years, but she is literally threatening to call the president. She said she's never gotten so close to a pair of elders before. We are trying to get her to focus on the good news that both the sisters are staying, since she meets with them as well.
Hermana Garcia
It's sort of strange how the district still has no fresh blood, the other elders and the sisters are staying, and the last two transfers the district didn't change at all. Anyways. This is going to be so hard, but also exciting.

I just need to remember that this is not my mission, it is the Lord's mission. These people will still have missionaries. I am very blessed to be on a mission right now, and I want you all to know at I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is the true doctrine of happiness, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints fully houses that doctrine. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
The sweatshop!  Finally did something somewhat useful on P-day. Skinny ties are really in and elder Galke has spent his whole mission trying to figure out how to skinny them up.... Looks like figuring out how to sew did come in handy on the mission. They look really good actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment